We finished off our summer with a whirlwind of a trip out east. Our good friends were getting married and we decided to make a weekend out of it! Here’s the weekend recap, East Coast edition:
- Boston, MA- We flew into Logan Airport and spent the day hanging out in Boston. We definitely need more time here but loved squeezing what we could into the day. Checking out the Boston Tea Party historical site and Faneuil Hall were our first stops of the day before grabbing something to eat along the waterfront.
- Harvard & Fenway- Without time to catch a game, we settled for droning over the Green Monster. And, we couldn’t leave Boston without cruising around Harvard for a bit. It is beautiful, and I can only imagine what it’s like in the fall!
- Car Rental- Renting a car on vacation opens a world of possibilities for exploring and making the most of your time in any spot. So happy we rented one for this trip especially.
- Ocean Drives- Since we had a car, we played around with different routes to take up the coast toward New Hampshire. Eventually we found our way to a little coastal highway and stopped all along the way to watch surfers, admire the homes, and dip our toes in the ocean.
- Portsmouth, NH– This is the cutest town. Little shops and outdoor eateries along the water. We can totally see ourselves heading back here.
- Kittery, ME- Our friends were married in a little church here and then had the most picturesque reception on the family’s property on the coast. I felt like I stepped out of a magazine. From the classic tent on the lawn to the lobsters served at dinner, it couldn’t be any more perfect. It was a gorgeous day to celebrate our friends and their life together.
- Wedding Receptions- Dillon and I were made for wedding receptions. There are few things in life that bring me greater joy than dancing to oldies with my babe.
We could have spent weeks exploring, so we certainly need a trip back. I’m sad to see summer go, but wow! What a weekend! Here’s to closing out August and gettin’ back in the swing of things.
Leave a Reply